Twitter

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Good bye (for now) Asia!

Whelp....the time has come. Tonight I hop on a plane to head back home. After 23 hours of flying, I will touch down on American soil after being away from it for 16 months. I am a huge ball of mixed emotions.

While teaching in Thailand was amazing, the part of the last 16months that has my heart is my last few months of travel.

I have been to my first full moon party, got my open water diving certification, solo traveled through Laos, then through Vietnam, got robbed, got injured, got tattooed, and pierced, and saw so many sunrises and sunsets along the way.

Life of a SE Asia traveler is never lonely...I went all the way through Vietnam and in each town, I was greeted by my friends that I made along the way. From my first travel bud in Southern Laos, to my Vang Vieng boys from Canada and Germany....then my French Canadian boys that I met in VV and saw all over Vietnam, the many Belgians boys (TIN TIN DID NOT GO TO VIETNAM), the Ninja Turtle Group, the crazy English kids, to my final dinner club (piercing club). My last days in Vietnam could not have been more perfect - thanks to my dinner club. The best broads a girl can meet while traveling alone. We all shared crazy nights, crazier mornings, and got to experience the culture of the countries we were in.

But....it's time to move on. I'll have a month in the states, then I'm off again - to South Korea. for a year.

So SE Asia - I wish it wasn't time, but I have to go. I would love to stay and keep leaving my marks all over your countryside, but there's too many people looking forward to having some Apes back in their life.

Until we meet again.....Khob Khun Kha, Jesu Tin Ba Deh, Khob Jai, Come On.

Sawasdee Kha,
Apes

No comments:

Post a Comment