Twitter

Friday, July 20, 2012

Open ticket bus through 'Nam.

First off...betcha don't know what Nam means in Vietnamese. In Thai it's water...but here? Five!! Or South. One or the other, I can't remember now. Oh well. To the bus...

While in Hue I got an "open ticket" to the rest of the country. I am going to Hoi An, Nha Trang, Dalat, then Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City). Well lucky me, because that's the route of the sleeper bus! As in, I paid 50usd and I have tickets to each place, whenever I want! Sleeper bus style! What's that like? AWESOME is what it is. If you've ever done a regular overnight bus, you know how much it sucks. But here, I've got my own little mini bed by the window for me and fifty. The regular train from Hanoi to Hue was like 35usd, so I totally lucked out with paying what I did. Now I don't have to budget (haha budget!) In travel costs. And I'm comfy!

New fav way to travel!

I had ended this post on my phone (to be uploaded when I got to internet) but then we had our first pit stop. I hop off the bus and collide with...Daniel! My Ninja Turtle friend from Vang Vieng! He is on his way to Hoi An as well, so we chatted up during our break. Then his bus headed out, and as I went to get on mine, another bus pulled up and out popped the Belgiums! We exchanged hotel info...and then it was my turn to head on out.

Oh what a small world it is traveling SE Asia!!

Chin Jiao!
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment