Twitter

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Scooter Time!

Since my boss went out of town for the weekend, his scooter was up for a weekend rental. So of course, I JUMPED at the chance to use it.

So Monday morning I woke up, put some gas in the bike, and I was off. FREEEEEDOOOMMMM!!! Well, more like MOOOOBBBIIILLLIIITTTTYYY. I headed out of town for a much needed grocery store visit and picked up some necessities: toilet paper, instant noodles, instant potatoes (to go with some gravy Claire sent me in a package), and etc. Then I stopped to pick up my laundry* and my errands were done. Time to have some fun!

I headed out to the outskirts of town - to the mountains. I drove up to the top of the mountain, hoping to catch a banging sunset. Well, I was there at the right time, but there wasn't a gorgeous sunset :( Because of where the mountain was, it was more of watching the sky turn from light to dark. Oh well. I got a few pix of my town....

Afterwards, I headed back to town to meet some of the ladies for dinner. I met up with Julie and Jenn at King Crab - which is now our new favorite restaurant, AND our new "Sunday night dinner" spot. The place was GORGEOUS. It was very relaxing, with the tiki feel, and live mellow music playing. It wasn't crowded, and the food was phenomenal!! We even got a live show!


Having a scooter for a day REALLY lifted my spirits and now I want one for real! But alas, I have to watch my finances so I can travel on my break. So I'll stick to using a scooter when it's available. (I hope my boss leaves again this weekend!)

Sawasdee Kha,
Apes :)


*Most places do not have laundry machines. Instead, you drop off your laundry with a Thai person, and they clean your clothes for you - it usually takes about a day. I usually drop mine off every few weeks, and its about 100baht or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment