Twitter

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

As Aretha says..."RES-PE-CT"

You think Thai students are respective of their teachers? YOU HAVE NO IDEA!

1) When seeing a teacher in school they constantly "Wai" them. (like a mini bow). And this happens all the time, from class to class, on the way to the bathroom, etc.

2) When students walk past the teacher (after wai-ing them) they always duck to be lower than the teacher. Some of the students are DEF taller than me also!

3) When talking to the teacher and the teacher is sitting, the students sit on their knees. Not on chairs, but on their knees. I had a student come to me this week (with his mom) to make up everything he hadn't turned in. While I went through all my grades and lesson plans he just sat on the floor waiting.  And he's the tallest kid in my class!

4)  At the start of each class, the whole class stands up to greet the teacher in unison. At the end of each class, the class stands up and thanks the teacher. Oh, You're So Welcome Class!!

So yeah, do Thai kids respect their teachers? I would give a big thumbs up.

Sawasdee Kha,
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment