Twitter

Saturday, January 28, 2012

New Year Resolution(s)

While everyone starts the New Year with crazy Resolutions like "I will work out everyday" or "I will only what chocolate on Sunday" and blah blah, I USUALLY don't participate in making false promises.

Until this year....I made 2 resolutions. They were more like "to do" lists.

Resolution 1) GET A BICYCLE (aka Pushbike)

I was told there was a free used bike in town from a fellow teacher.  The catch? I just had to go pick it up. Not so hard, right? Well, months have gone by, and still no bike in my possession. I decided that I would make this 'project' my resolution. So, as of the first of the year - the bike has moved and is at a different house. Not a problem, the teacher who is watching over it now said to just come on by and pick it up. We made arrangements for me to come by, and what do you know - he tells me he looked at the bike and there are NO PEDALS! So there's no way for me to ride it home. So - I've got to find pedals, which will be across town by Tuk Tuk. I obv. haven't been to do that yet, soooo no bike.

BUT - what do you know....a new opportunity arose! On my ride home from school, my boss told me he had a Mountain Bike he was selling for 1000baht (about $30) if I was interested.  I asked if I could try it out over the weekend, and if I liked it I would buy it. He said that was no problem, and I can just keep it until someone wants to buy it. EVEN BETTER!

So I headed to his place, picked up the bike, and was on my way!

Resolution 1 - CHECK! (for now)

Resolution 2) GO TO KOH LAMPHU

If you follow me on twitter (@ammislan) then you know every weekend I post about something called Koh Lamphu. You probably are wondering WTF is that? Well, it's an island in my town that is like a huge park. You get there by a little bridge (no cars) and they have tennis courts, basketball courts, picnic areas, canoes, and running paths. So of course, I have been DYING to go. It's just a little far to walk, and I feel silly taking a Tuk Tuk to get there. Take a taxi to the gym? Crazy!

Whelp, since I got the bike on Friday, I took it STRAIGHT TO KOH LAMPHU! Over the Surat Bridge, lame a left, over the footbridge, and I was there! On the island! I rode around and saw how AWESOME it was. I parked the bike by some tables, and sat down with Barbie (my Kindle) and had dinner (I brought myself). I took some pictures while I was visiting:
Entrance to Koh Lamphu
The sun setting through the tree while I take a dinner break
Tons of trees on the water

Loking at Surat bridge while standing on Koh Lamphu bridge
It was quite a peaceful place, and I am QUITE looking forward to going back. Maybe a few evenings a week I'll ride up, or even ride up and hop off for a run!

Resolution 2 - CHECK!

I hope the rest of you are being as productive with your resolutions as I am!! :)

Sawasdee Kha,
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment