Twitter

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Class Superlatives!

So I had to teach my M2 students (13-14year olds) about comparative/superlative adjectives. So here's what I did....CLASS SUPERLATIVES!!!

I started off nominations. To get nominations, I gave the class a worksheet where I had them all write a sentence with the superlative form of 13 given adjectives, and use their classmates as the nouns.

Then I tallied up the "nominations" and made a "ballot" the ballot was the follow-up worksheet. I had the adjective, and the top classmates that were nominated. They had to formulate a comparative sentence.

Example:
Words provided: quiet, ninja, prang
Sentence they formed: Ninja is quieter than Prang.

Then I counted up the "votes" and it was presentation time!!!!

The winners are (I'm posting these so you can see what some nicknames are)...

1) Tallest - Gun
2) Funniest - Gigi
3) Prettiest - Praew
4) Most Handsome - Gun
5) Most Talkative - Ninja
6) Quietest - Bonus
7) Fastest Runner - Ninja
8) Smartest - Tun
9) Most Honest - Tay
10) Most Disciplined - Tay
11) Most Dedicated - Ninja
12) Most Talented - Tay
13) Most Generous - Ing

As you can see - Tay and Ninja cleaned up shop!!

Here's a pic of my proud Superlatives!

(from left to right: Gun, Bonus, Ninja, Tun, Gigi, Praew, Ing, Tay)

But don't worry - I didn't leave the rest of the kids out of the picture. Here are some of the munchkins I teach 3 times a week:

Sawasdee Kha,
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment