Twitter

Thursday, December 27, 2012

My Maisan!

My town may be tiny, but we are known for 2 things...the Red Gingseng Spa and Maisan. Maisan translates to "Horse Ear Mountain" as it is 2 mountains that look like horse ears. Pretty easy, eh?

Anyways, on Election Day we all had the day off, so I headed to FINALLY see Maisan with Sam and his friend Lok. Here is my day in pictures (because they give you a better idea than my words will).

When we first got there, I stopped and got some hot chocolate - the man making it looked EXACTLY like his caricature picture!

Can you see the resemblance?



Here are more photos from the "village" at the entrance of the South Side of Maisan.

The other side has a Rhino.
Old fashioned houses.
That's a golden lion coming down the rock!
HUGE Drum!


Then it was time to hit the Mountain! We walked to the temple in between the two mountains: 
View at the Temple
View through the trees
Love Buddha?
Took a hint from the statue, and sat for a spell.
 
The Temple in the Mountains
banging the drum at the Temple - my favorite part!
Another view of the Temple
Then it was time to hike the actual mountain...not many pix, but I did snap one of my companions heading up:

Lok and Sam starting the Trek up!
Luckily we started on the higher side, so our walk UP was about half of the walk down. I am QUITE happy we didn't go UP the other side and DOWN on our side. Whew! My legs were tired even from the way we DID go, I could only imagine if we reversed it!

Ghamsamnidah,
Apes





No comments:

Post a Comment