Twitter

Monday, December 10, 2012

A trip to Mini-America

A few weeks ago I went to Gunsan with my girl Julie. What was in Gunsan, you ask? MINI AMERICA!!! That's right, her boyfriend lives on the airforce base, and she wanted to take me on a wild ride to the world of America. So I jumped at the chance, and we were off!


Once at the base, Julie started with "Hey April, open the pantry" Weird, but I did. And what did I find??
AMERICA FOOOOOODDDDD
Yup, no Kimchi here! Everything was westerm. Kool-Aid, Tang, Canned Chili, Peanut butter, etc....I just stood and stared.

After I put on my happy face....
FUNFETTIII (and American Beer, Popcorn, and even Theraflu!!)
It was off to what was to be a party for my tastebuds..TACO BELL!!!! Of course, I placed my usual order: 7 layer burrito, extra sour cream, extra guac and then a side of fiesta potatoes. MMMM cheesy!!

>insert the sound of singing angels<
Well, if you thought that was my ONLY trip to Taco Bell that weekend then you OBV don't know me very well. I went back again the next day - same order, but instead of the fiesta potatoes I got the Nacho Bell Grande :)

After my Taco Bell massacre (while watching College Football), we headed to a tiny-wannabe walmart. As I enter, I looked at my $3 usd that I had (change from Taco Bell, even though I paid in Won) and pondered what I could POSSIBLY buy. The first thing I saw was a sign "4 for $1" Whelp, there's 1usd down...and 4 rice krispy treats in my hands! Then, I settled on some Hot Pockets, and on the way out, I was even treated to my favorite cigar - an Arturo Fuentes. Hmm, you may think that is over $3, and you'd be right. One of Brandon's friends (Brandon - Julies BF) treated me to the cigar. Making friends already!

The next day before I left (after round 2 of Taco Bell), we went GROCERY SHOPPING!!! Things I purchased: Cheese, Cheese (yes, I typed that twice), Coffee, Jello, Fruitsnacks, Instant Grits, Marshmellows, Ranch, Peanut Butter chips (like chocolate chips, but Reese Pieces), cookie dough, Kool-Aid, and other things I can't think of right now. But it was MAGICAL!! I can't wait to go back with a bigger bag!

Ghamsamnida,
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment