Twitter

Monday, December 10, 2012

A try at a Haircut

So many of my "longtime followers" may remember my escapade in getting my haircut in Thailand....if you need a refresher, or a first time read, here ya go:

http://apes-adventures.blogspot.kr/2011/08/never-get-haircut-in-foreign-country.html 

Since then (August 2011), no one has put scissors to my hair. Which means it is absurdly long for me, and not the healthiest. So I decided to try again, this time in Korea. I asked around first, and was given a few places that people were pleased with. So it was time...

I headed to Jeonju on Sunday with my Seoul friend, Rachel, and we headed to the salon (she needed a trim as well). We entered the salon, and asked how much for a cut. They pulled out 12,000\ and we thought we misheard. But we went along with it. That's $12 for you kids.

My stylist started with a lovely shampoo and head massage. Ok, so far so good. Then, she gave me a styling book and I picked what I wanted (time to get my winter bangs back) and she started away. At the same time, Rachel was trying her hand at a haircut with her stylist.

So after about 40 minutes, and 12,000\ later here's what I ended up with....


Not too bad I think (of course, some makeup would help a little). I also bought a cute headband to go with the new 'do.

Well, since I don't normally do the "brush my hair" thing....my routine is wash my hair, go to bed, wake up, toss in a braid, go to school...this whole having bangs and healthy hair is gonna be a new thing. So now I need to find a blow-dryer and straightener to make sure I can keep up with my new hair. Let's hope I remember how to style my own hair!!

But Korea gets the win over Thailand for haircuts....and yes, it ended up being 12,000\ for the whole thing!! :)

Ghamsamnida,
"new hair" Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment