Twitter

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas (part 2) in Jinan

Missed Part 1? You can read it here!!

When I left Seoul, I kidnapped Rachel and brought her with me. Well, not really...but it was not planned for her to come back with me. She had the week off, and had already mentioned coming down for Christmas Eve, so I suggested she just come back with me on Sunday. After absolutely NO arm twisting, she decided to do just that.

So we got to the station (there's a DIRECT bus to Jinan!!) and made the bus with 2 minutes to spare! We got to Jinan about 3 hours later, around 6/7pm. We grabbed dinner on the walk home, then once home we settled onto the couch with some eggnog and cookies.

Christmas Eve I had to teach, but once I was back, we met up with Ricardo, Sam, and Lok for some Korean BBQ Christmas Eve dinner :) We all stuffed our faces, then headed to CHURCH! Yup, you read that right! The priest who teaches Korean to me and Sam had called earlier in the day to tell us that there would be a Christmas Eve festival at his church. So we headed over after dinner, and watched all the locals sing Christmas carols in Korean, and perform their Christmas dances they had choreographed. I saw a few of my students perform as well, so that was a great treat :)

For Christmas morning we had french toast for breakfast. We had Hot Chocolate and marshmellows (with 99bananas added) to get us ready for the day. Then I skyped with the parents so I could open my gifts: sheets (Koreans don't use them), Scarf/Beanie/Glove set, PIEROGIE ORNAMENT(!!!!), Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate, aloe-infused socks, REAL coffee to make, powdered donuts (to go with the coffee), candy gummies, and a reindeer stuffed animal. The chocolate has already been broken into :)

Then we headed into Jeonju for lunch and a movie. WHAT WERE WE THINKING?!?!?! Christmas Day at the movies is just like Christmas Day at the movies in America. Almost everything was sold out, and it was PACKED beyond belief. So, we were unable to catch a movie, so we headed to lunch. It was an hour and half wait. So we put our names down, and ran some errands. Once we were able to sit and eat, IT WAS SOOO WORTH THE WAIT! It was a buffet with; various pastas, pizzas, meats, salads (like tomato mozzarella), bibimbap bar, soup bar, and DESSERT BAR! Think: waffle bar with ALL THE TOPPINGS - caramel, chocolate, nuts, whipped cream, etc. There was also brownies, and cheesecake (I had 2!), and ice cream. I made sure I got my money's worth :)

Once back at home, we both skyped our families. I stayed up to skype my family opening their gifts (eventhough mine hadnt arrived for them yet, BOO!!). But it was good to see them all enjoying Christmas morning. Here's a pic of "us kids" my dad took.

Christmas 2012!!
So to all my family/friends near AND far...MERRY CHRISTMAS! I hope you are able to celebrate it however you like, and with whomever you like :)

메리 크리스마스!!
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment