Twitter

Monday, May 13, 2013

Where to next?

A lot of people have been asking me where I am going next. And honestly, I have NO IDEA.

I would LOVE to be settled down with someone and starting a life somewhere permanent with them, but seeing as I am not meeting anyone, I am content to keep exploring, traveling, learning, until I do. You may ask, "Well, why don't you come back and then meet someone?" The answer to that is Easy "Well, if I come back and meet someone, how do I know they will want to travel like I do? How do I know if I will enjoy traveling with them?" I would rather meet someone on my travels, share some "worldly" experiences with them, and then decide together where to put down some roots....and until that happens, I am stuck living across the globe. Not too bad of a default, huh?

So, my ideas for my next location (as of now) are possibly:

Malaysia - YES, I'd be going BACK to SE Asia, but honestly...I loved it there. While I do want to explore as much of the world as I can, I can't help but look back to SE Asia, where I was constantly happy, living out of a backpack (a big backpack that is). I have only been to Malaysia for a few days (VISA run) and I liked it. So, that's on the list.

Indonesia - as I have already expressed to some of my closest friends, I'd like to spend my next birthday in Bali. What better way to celebrate being 25 (for the 5th time) than with your favorite people in BALI!!! Soo...to make it even easier for me to be in Bali, why not just work in Indonesia? Some cities don't have alcohol, which I think would be a different experience to try out. I would DEF be FIT finally!

Sicily - Yes, Europe. My dream has been to do English camps through Europe, but I wouldn't mind a little stint in Sicily. Random country, I know. The reason for this is that my dad has a connection to a Sicilian school (from a co-worker) so I am looking into that as well.

Most people ask why I don't do South America - and that's another easy answer. I'm not ready. I don't want to do South America until I am ready to be back in the states. It will be my last stop....and it looks like I'm not coming back permanently JUST yet.

So...who knows where I'll be this time next year. I could be anywhere....and it's not a problem I mind having. :)

Ghamsamnidah,
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment