Twitter

Monday, May 13, 2013

My town has a gym...

...FINALLY something to do during the week!!!

About a month ago, we received huge news. A GYM HAS OPENED UP! Of course, I headed right over to see what it contained and let me tell you...I was PLEASANTLY surprised.

Floor 1: Lobby, locker rooms (with Sauna), showers, and a Lapped Pool! A POOL! A POOL!! Ok, I don't swim all that much, but it was exciting to have that option now!

Floor 2: WHAT?!?!?! TWO FLOORS!?!?! YES! The weight/cardio area hosts 5 treadmills (each with its own tv screen), weight machines, free weights, etc. The side room was padded to allow for yoga, stretching, non-weights workouts, cool downs. There is even an outside area to workout as well.

Needless to say, I bought a 2 month membership, and have frequented it at least 3 times a week (if not more). My legs are happy to be moving again....I have actually started to not mind the treadmill (I watch downloaded TV shows on my tablet while I run), and on Fridays I usually do a long treadmill workout followed by some body circuit training or swimming (while the pool is empty). When I swim, I almost ALWAYS see some of my students, and they LOVE to show off their swimming skills to me. Of course, my swimming isn't the best, so I am always impressed.

Since I haven't been to a Jimjibang (bathhouse) yet, I was surprised to see how naked the Koreans get. They are all very reserved in their dress (except their booty shorts), but once they get in the locker room, they strut around in their birthday suits. From the little kids changing into swimsuits to the old women hanging out in the sauna. I feel like I'm part of an all female nudist colony when I'm there!

Ghamsamnidah,
Apes :)


**My friend Adam made me a 4 week workout plan, and it was TOUGH but I finished it. It's perfect for me (it's a 3 day a week workout) and doesn't require a lot of equipment, so I can do the exercises while I travel as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment