Twitter

Monday, May 6, 2013

Butterfly Festival

Yeah, Yeah. Butterflies. Wow. Exciting. Etc. No, I don't get super hyped over them either, but hey, it was included in my sea parting festival in Jindo and that was something I wasn't missing...so I went to the Butterfly Festival as well.

In Hapyeong, our 4 buses pulled up to the Butterfly Festival at about 11am. We had a full day ahead of us, and our first "event" was "freeing the butterflies!" We got out containers of butterflies, spread into the field of yellow flowers, and all at once we released our butterflies. We had to more or less shake the butterflies out, but it was still pretty awesome.

Afterwards, we headed to see the children catching the boars (we weren't allowed to..LAME) and then explored the rest of the festival.

We had festival food (ice cream, slushies, even kebabs!!), took tons of silly pix, and participated in everything we could!

I went Mudfish Catching - I get into a huge mud pit (reminded me of Oozeball back at Longwood) and dug my hands into the murky water looking for fish. A korean man saw me working hard, and gave me one. When I tried to show my friends, it flopped out back into the mud. This happened 2 more times. Then, I reached my hands back into the mud, ready to give up...when I felt it. A little slither under my hand. So I mashed my hand down further, and was able to scoop up the little fish. I slammed it to the sidewalk so I wouldn't lose it like I lost the others, and was beyond pleased with myself. I felt like a cat who brings a dead bird to its owner. "LOOK WHAT I CAUGHT!"

After I was cleaned up from my ONE fish catching, it was off to make weed flutes, and see the baby animals. Ducks, goats, cows...all the normal animals you would see at a carnival back home! Then we smoked some edamame over a fire we made, and it was tasty!

Here are some of my pictures from the festival...
Butterfly Mountain?
Apes and her Butterflies!
"RELEASE THE HOUNDS!...err....BUTTERFLIES!!!"

Butterflies are born to fly free
Why are the bugs so big?!!?

Just a little Vadering going on.
I CAUGHT SOMETHING!
Mudfishing













 

3 tries, but finally produced a fish!

Just cooking up an Edamame snack.

The group I spend the day with.
 Ghamsamnidah,
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment