Twitter

Monday, September 17, 2012

TYPHOON IS A'COMIN!!!

Last night the early parts of the Typhoon started coming through. The wind rattled and howled all night, making it hard to sleep. During the last typhoon a few weeks ago, schools were closed, so rumors went around that they would be closed sometime this week.

So this morning, I wake up and hikde to school in the downpour. This would be the perfect weather for either my rainboots, or crocs. Or an umbrella that wasn't broken :(

By the time I got to school the whole front of me was soaked, and I was chilly! So I switched my shoes (into the 'slippers') and tried to dry off in the bathroom.

After the morning meeting my co-teacher told me all afternoon classes were cancelled due to the weather. Then, all morning classes would be 5 minutes shorter so we can be finished with school by noon. BUT - we would still eat lunch in the cafeteria. They are not sure if the teachers will stay all afternoon, or if we get to leave, but I don't mind an afternoon off of classes already.

Plus I got my schedule that will go up to the middle of October.
Today and tomorrow - finish Chapter 8
Next week - finish chapter 9
The following week (Oct 1-3) - THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY!
Followed by midterms that I help proctor (none of the tests will be mine)
Then I end (Oct. 15-16) with my oral exams.
Then I will get to regular teaching again.

I'll post later how the Typhoon is going.

Gamsamnidah,
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment