Twitter

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Temporary Living

So I've gotten settled in a new place in Surat Thani. Let me tell you about it:

The good:
- LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION: I am in the center of town, a 5 minute walk to work, and in the middle of the night market...as in, I walk downstairs and I'm already in the middle of the market!!
- "Balcony"
- Elevator

The bad:
- Cold Shower
- Fake Western Toilet: it is a toilet - but no flusher, I have to use the bucket to "flush"
- Monk alarm clock at 530am: The Monks start daily chants at 530am. The temple is directly beside my hotel.
- "Balcony" - step out of my room, and the balcony touches a brick wall. So more like a cemented in balcony.

I guess though, that I have been spoiled tremendously in Thailand (and Myanmar) with hot showers, full balconies, Air Con (which I ended up not ever using) and all western style everything. I guess it's about time to start "roughing it". It's only for a few weeks, it's only for a few weeks, it's only for a few weeks.

Sawasdee Kha,
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment