Twitter

Friday, May 25, 2012

Cold Shower - or Hot Bucket?

So I know I posted already about my new temporary housing, but I have progressed and figured out how to solve my cold shower problem!

Now, if you are reading from Thailand you are probably thinking "Really April? You've been in Thailand a YEAR and aren't used to cold showers?" At which I would respond with "No!"

And, if you are reading from the states you are probably thinking "But Thailand is so hot - why do you need a hot shower?" At which my response would be "Because a cold shower isn't fun no matter WHAT the weather!"

So...I've MacGyver-ed myself a "hot shower". How you ask? Well, let me paint you a picture with words...

1. I use my water kettle to boil (and keep warm) some water.
2. I mix that steaming hot water with some cold shower water.
3. I "sponge" bath myself using the now warm-but-not-boiling water.
4. I pretend I'm fully clean.

And how long does this take? I've got it down to a science. Not a fun (or fast) science....but I've got it working out non-the-less.

As you can assume, I am 100% looking forward to a PROPER hot shower when I find one...

Sawasdee Kha,
Apes :)

1 comment:

  1. I hate cold showers too! We have to take them in Haiti and even though it's so hot out, I still cringe every time I shower. I definitely don't get used to it either. Sounds like you have a good system going :)

    ReplyDelete