Twitter

Friday, August 26, 2011

Rainy Season

So I was told before moving to Thailand that RAINY SEASON WAS HORRIBLE!! I was told to "expect rain for hours and hours" and that "you will constantly be wet".

So when packing, I made sure to bring some crocs (gift from my Lucky 13 Roomster) and mentally prepared for months of rain on end.

Whelp, rainy season is here...so I've been told. Maybe it's different in other parts of Thailand, BUT over here in Phibun Mungsahan, rainy season is MAYBE a rain shower in the AM - lasting less than an hour, and then again at night, also lasting less than an hour. On average I have seen it rain about 30 minutes at a time.

Then there was the other night....

Thursday morning on the way to school Tim asked me if my room had gotten rained on. I of course replied, "Huh? My room is dry" Well according to him, his room got soaked, including his "teacher clothes" he had planned on wearing that day. As we got downstairs, we noticed that the first floor of the hotel was SOAKED...as in WATER EVERYWHERE. It had apparently flooded so bad that the staff had to move our motor scooter inside....but not soon enough!! The exhaust had flooded with water, so when we tried to turn it on to get to school, it wasn't really working. Luckily Tim was able to fix it by the afternoon so we didn't have to walk home from school (7 minutes of walking is just TORTUROUS!).

So that's our rainy season. We are equipped with ponchos, but have only used them 2 or 3 times. I don't even bring my umbrella with me anymore, as the rain never lasts more than 30 minutes.

Rainy season?? Try "twice a day sun shower".

Sawasdee Kha,
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment