Twitter

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Productive Saturday

This morning Timmy headed into the city (Ubon) and I stayed in town. Mostly I wanted to sleep in and he wanted to go into town early, but I also had some errands of my own to run.

I woke up at a late 10:00am (ahhhhh, sleeping in!!) and watched the last half of The Adjustment Bureau (in english!!!). Then I geared myself up for a late morning run. I only ran about 15 minutes (with the last 10 being in rain) but then came back to my room and did the P90x Ab workout. So it wasn't too bad of a workout.

After wards, I treated myself to a mini self-mani/pedi and a steaming hot sauna-shower. Then it was errand time.

I headed to the market and collected all I needed. For a total of less than $20USD I got the following:

- new wallet
- necklace
- 2 pairs of sandals
- a pair of white loafers for Tim (he had already tried them on, but I knew he wouldn't buy them on his own)
- new dressy shirt (with a belt)
- shot glass that doubles as a measuring cup
- lunch (with a drink from my coffee shop)
- 2 champagne flutes (we are planning on big brunch for 2 tomorrow)

Needless to say - shopping in Thailand is pretty awesome. Back in the states you would have spent $20USD on just the lunch and coffee.

As I walked around the market alone I heard a lot of people saying how beautiful I was (in Thai) and it definitely helped my ego after the hair-massacre from earlier this week.

Tomorrow Tim and I decided to have a western brunch. We have a huge spread of ingredients and great recipes to try...let's hope it turns out tasty :)

Sawasdee Kha,
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment