Twitter

Sunday, June 24, 2012

So long Surat....

Well, I'm sitting here in Korat at my friend Ian's house. I haven't made it out of Thailand yet, much to my dissatisfaction. Why haven't I cross a border yet? SICK GERMS! I started my travels with a stop over to Krabi Town to see my old Myanmar roommate, and attend a pirate party. I ended up getting strep throat and was couch-ridden for a few extra days. Then I started my trip out of Thailand, crossing over to Laos. Ian's house is on the way out, so I stopped for the night. Then of course, I woke up sick again. Same thing as in Krabi. So I have my whole plan of Laos laid out, but my sick body won't let it happen. So I am stuck in Korat until these meds work and I am healthy enough to travel.

BUT, while I'm sick on his couch, I guess it's time to say my final goodbyes in a blog to my home for tha past half a year - Surat Thani.

I lived in Surat for about half a year, and it is sad to say goodbye. It was the first time in my life that I actually lived completely alone. I was responsible for everything....my rent, daily life of finding food, getting around, and making friends. It was an amazing time.

The favorite part of my town was of course the people. Many of them left at the end of last term (Julie, Birney, Janet, Meghan, etc) and when I came back this term, there was a plethora of new people to meet, and a few old teachers to get reacquainted with. Unfortunately, I got closer with the old teachers, and I have since had to leave them. Becky, Angie, Tigger, Francis, Evan, etc...I wish I had more time to spend with you guys, but my body is aching for a new adventure!

And of course, I collected a new family during my stay in Surat. My Tattoo Parlor Family. Eve and Dew - my sister and brother. They are an amazing couple, and I miss you guys a TON! Thank you for always making me feel most at home when I was with you guys....language barrier included. To the rest of the group: Sexy Sexy, Ro Bert, Bomb, Aof, Model, and everyone else...you guys always made me so happy when I was around you. The group as a whole was always so welcoming. Communication wasn't as hard as I would have imagined and being around you all always made me the happiest while in Surat. I can't wait to come back and visit you all again soon...you will always be my family :)

Eve and Dew :)
Part of my Thai Family
Now that I am gone, I miss the town something terrible. I know I can always go back...but it's time to move forward. I am here for an adventure - and an adventure is what I'm about to get!

Thank you for everything Surat...you will always hold a special spot in my heart :)

Sawasdee Kha,
Apes  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment