Twitter

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Ranch Friendships

Random thought/reflection that I had today.

I think the love of Ranch is the most common denominator of American travelers. Seriously, if you are an American and meet another American and need something to bond over don't bring up Snookie, Pop Music, News, the state of economy, or the weather. Bring up RANCH DRESSING! You will immediately be best friends. If they don't like Ranch, then they aren't real Americans.

I cannot count how many times I've had the ranch discussion while traveling. What is my favorite thing to put it on, how much do I miss it, and how much better "this meal" would be with a side of Ranch.

From what I can tell, no other country has any food they love as much as this. Even non-American travelers say "Oh, you Americans and your Ranch! It's JUST a salad dressing!" Well, my idiot friend, it is NOT "just a dressing" It's a dressing, dip, condiment, etc. Anything you want it to be. They don't know the awesome-ness of it until you let them have a taste. Then they want more and more!

And no, Ranch is NO WHERE to be found in Asia (or at least in Thailand and Myanmar), so if you have it - you are holding (or eating) the creme de la creme (no idea if I used that saying correctly). So hide it. It's not being selfish here - it's preserving a taste of America. And use it sparingly.

Needless to say - Ranch is #1 on my list to become re-acquainted with when I arrive back in the states.

Sawasdee Kha,
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment