Twitter

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Crossing into Laos!

Once I took the bus from Korat to Ubon Ratchatani, I waited at the bus station for my bus to Laos.....and there it was!

We all loaded up and took the 2 hour trip to the border. I've been to a few borders now (some by land, most by air) and this one was definitely the weirdest.

Once out of the van, to exit Thailand and go into Laos they actual made you walk the tunnel! In from Thailand, and out into Laos. It was silly becuase it was a few meters, and once out of the tunnel you could turn around and see where you just came from.

But while crossing and getting my Visa, I met the other foreigner on my bus. Her name is Krissy (from Australia) and she just came from backpacking in Vietnam. She was wearing leopard print pants with one leg rolled up! She's gotta be fun, right?? Anyways, since both of us heading to the 4000 islands as our first Laos stop, we've decided to travel down there together.

And boom pizza....my first travel friend! See Pops, I told you SE Asia travel is never REALLY traveling alone :)

Adventure on,
Apes :)


No comments:

Post a Comment