Twitter

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Full Moon

If you ever go to the south of thailand you will no doubt here of the full moon parties. And your favorite Apes finally made it to one!

Courtland and her friend Dan arrived in my town on Sunday, and we took the night boat over to Koh Phangnan (the full moon island). We arrived that morning, found a room, then did some exploring. We had lunch, bought some "full moon" gear (think all neon, zack morris style!), and went down to the beach to see what it looked like BEFORE the party. That night we went to the "warm up" pre full moon party and had a blast! My guests had their first buckets, we watched fire shows, and danced the night away.

On Tuesday we woke up...and it was FULL MOON DAY! We decided to take it easy and be lazy, so we would be able to last all night.

Once the night came, it was time to gear up! We got decked out in our neon, body painted sweet designs, collected some friends we had made, and headed out!

Once at the beach, we started in on some buckets, and dancing. It started raining, but that didn't deter the full moon crowd!! We danced right through the rain! I was able to meet up with Clem and Monis (friends I met in Myanmar) and then kept dancing into the night....then before you know, the sky started getting light! The sun was already coming up! So we did one last walk along the beach to see the full mooners in daylight, then I went back to our room to collect my friend Hazel from my town (this was her 8th full moon) and headed over to the after party.....

BACKYARD!! This was my goal. I wanted to make it to the backyard party, and i did! It was up in the mountains, and I recruited others along the way. Once there, it was buckets again, and more dancing! It was around 7am at this point. I stayed until around 11am, then went back to the room to say bye to Courtland and her friend. Then I packed up my stuff, jumped on the ferry....and was off to my next stop....

Sawasdee kha,
Apes :)

*bucket = a 5th of liquor, a bottle of red bull, and a can of soda.


No comments:

Post a Comment