Twitter

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hunger Games - what do I think?

So I normally post about things going on with me....but since I got a Kindle for Christmas (thanks to Mom and Poppa Dukes) I had been asking for book recommendations. The biggest recommendation I got? Hunger Games. So here's what I think.

Book 1: I downloaded it thinking I would only read the first one. I don't normally get into the book hype (ie. Never read Twilight, Harry Potter, etc) so I figured I'd give it a read just to see what everyone was talking about. I started reading it on the train up to Bangkok. I got to probably page 2 and I WAS HOOKED. I got about 2 hours of sleep on the train because I COULDN'T put it down. By the time I got to Bangkok, all I thought about was "I NEED WIFI SO I CAN DOWNLOAD THE NEXT BOOK"

Book 2: I downloaded it and thought, this will last me on my train back to Surat. I started, and finished it before I got to my town. Also was a great read....now I was sad to be more that halfway through the series. But I needed WIFI once again to get the 3rd book.

Book 3: Since I wasn't on a train, I had to actually DO things beside read. Luckily, I read most of it at school and was done withing 2 days. The ending tied everything up nicely.

My thoughts:
- I should have downloaded the trilogy all at once to save money
- I should NOT have watched the movie trailor after the 2nd book, it skewed my idea of the characters
- I wish I read slower
- The writing was awesome, and all 3 books were AMAZING!
- Book 1 was my favorite by far, but the remaining 2 were imperative to the story
- It's been a long time since I became so engrossed in ANY book
- EVERYONE should read these!!!!

Sawasdee Kha,
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment