Twitter

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Where will I live??

So now that I had a school to work in, and a town to explore, I needed a place to hold my stuff and set up some living space.

After DAYS of looking...I had no results. All the flood victims from BKK had come down south and rented rooms out. Before they came, all the students in our school had found apartments (YES, 12 year olds LIVING ALONE) since their parents live too far outside of town for daily trips (they are all wealthy). That leaves a very small (if any) selection to look into. Plus add the fact that I want AC and Hot Water (Crazy, I know!) and the pool gets even smaller.

LUCKILY...one day at school one of the teachers took me to look at an apartment (also full) and on the way back I pointed out what looked to be apartments. Turns out - THEY WERE!! And there would be a room available on Nov. 1st. So I paid my deposit, and celebrated with ice-cream.

Once move in day came (Tim moved all my stuff from the hotel room while I was at work), I settled in to my new AWESOME apartment. Here's what i have:

- Fully furnished
- Cleaning 1 time a week
- In room bathroom (WITH HOT WATER)
- Balcony (with a view of the sunset)
- TV (with MULTIPLE ENGLISH CHANNELS- including Law&Order and CSI marathons)
- Air Conditioning (with a remote)
- Fridge (bigger than a mini fridge - and has an actual freezer!)

I have tons of drawer space, and all the furniture looks new. This girl is quite pleased.

All I had to get was towels, sheets, and another pillow - I got all that plus hangers, bathmat, trash can, and padlock (for the door) for all less that $30USD!!

So now I have a place to live :)

If you want to mail me some love, send it to my school address (as it will go right to my desk):

Aj. April Mislan
MLP Program
Suratpittaya School
388 T.Talad
A. Muang
Surat Thani
Thailand
84000

Sawasdee Kha!
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment