Twitter

Sunday, November 20, 2011

A weekend of Ice, Prizes, and Curry!

So this weekend was my first weekend alone in my town. A bunch of the Farang (foreigners) teachers were headed to Koh Samui but since I had just travelled to Malaysia, I stayed here to save some money.

Saturday morning I got up and skyped with some of my ADPi's back home. Lil B skyped me at the rehearsal dinner for Ashley Carey's wedding. In true Icing fashion, we iced her :) That's right, she got iced from THAILAND at her REHEARSAL DINNER! Good teamwork Lil B :) Once she was iced, her hubby-to-be Tony got a huge kick of it and came to say Hi. I've captured the moment below.
Yep. That's the now married Stegman's. CONGRATS GUYS!!!

After the "icing from around the world" I gave my apartment a good cleaning and then made plans with the few teachers left in town to meet them for drinks later.

A bar in town, Bali, was celebrating it's one year anniversary and had cheap drinks all night. And by cheap, I mean CHEAP. Usually at a bar, a big beer is a little less than 100baht. When you buy a big beer from 7-11 or another convenient store its maybe 50-60baht. Bali was selling big Singha (the 'pricier' beer) for 45baht. So I spent my night drinking Singha for CHEAP!! Plus, every 2 beers you ordered, you got a prize! Tigger (who gave me a ride) got a t-shirt, the girls we were with also got a t-shirt and a purse, and an older Australian we were with got a bottle opener, and a Heineken glass (he was drinking Heinekens). Since it was their anniversary, they were also giving out plastic ice buckets (perfect for a trash can!) so I picked up one of those for myself, and we wore them as hats.


After we left Bali, we decided to head to Siam Blue so we could dance. And dance we did! About 10 minutes after we got there, 4 of us were onstage having our own dance party which lasted for a while. Then we got a hookah and finished off our night with whiskey (yuck!).


Sunday night the Thai men around the corner cooked me a delicious dinner. They told me they were going to make me Massaman Curry because they know I love it and they did! It was a little spicy was it was still delicious. Along with Massaman, they also made Green Curry, and a spicy fish curry. When they had me try the fish curry they laughed when I said "Ahh, Pet Pet!!" which means spicy. After dinner they told me they were taking me to a birthday party tomorrow. So tomorrow, it's Thai birthday party time!!!

Sawasdee Kha,
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment