Twitter

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

"Teaching Clothes"

So in each country I have been in, the teaching attire is different:

Thailand
Each day of the week you are supposed to wear a certain color.
  • Monday = Yellow: wear this color to show respect to the Royal Family
  • Tuesday = Pink: wear this color to show repect to the King
  • Wednesday = Green
  • Thursday = Orange: I'm not sure, but I assume it's to show respect to the Monk's (they wear orange robes in Thailand)
  • Friday = Blue: wear this color to show repect to the Queen (my school let us choose to wear yellow OR blue on Fridays, as blue was my school's color)
There are specific "teaching shirts" that are the colors for the days of the week. They look like hawaiian shirts, and all the teachers wear them. You can even see workers of other industries wearing a similar style shirt.

Along with the shirt, I was required to wear a skirt - NO PANTS for me!!

Left to Right: Our Boss Mel (in the school polo), Angie (you can see the blue under her blazer), Me in my "Teaching shirt" and Meghan (she's a rebel!)
Myanmar
In Myanmar, I was there for an English camp, so the dress code was not specific. Even still, business attire was expected. Dresses, skirts, dress pants were the daily wear.

South Korea

In South Korea, there is no uniform and being in a rural area, the dress code is even more lax. Most of my schools are ok with me wearing jeans and a sweatshirt (not even a dressy top!). The "different" thing about the attire here is the shoes. It doesn't matter WHAT shoes you wear, as soon as you get into the school building, you change into a pair of slippers. Didn't bring any? Don't worry, each school has a supply of basic ones with their school name on them for visitors.

School "slippers" for guests (or me, when I don't bring my own)
It's interesting to see the different uniforms in each country!

Ghamsamnidah,
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment