Twitter

Monday, March 4, 2013

....and we're back.

That's right. School is back in session.

Last night I was sitting at home, comfortable on my couch with episodes of CSI playing on multiple channels (Asians seem to LOVE that show) and then it hit me. THE STUDENTS ARE BACK TOMORROW!!! AHHH, after 2 months without students (they were full of SE Asia, snowboarding, and half days of deskwarming), am I ready for a 5 month stint with Korean rugrats and middle schoolers?!??!?

Whelp, I manned up and showed up at school on Monday, not sure what to expect with the new middle schoolers (even though a couple of them had been my elementary students). Once at school I was told "only 2 classes for you today", after a welcome ceremony. The ceremony was just introducing the teachers (new and returning). It was nice to see my returning students though, and I was feeling less "OH MY GOD" about teaching again.

Then it was time to teach my class, and being true to its nature - it was cancelled. They were having "homeroom lecture" at that time, so I now only had 1 class today. But I was told lunch was not in the cafeteria, and I should have brought my own. The cafeteria is closed for 2 weeks for some reason. So, I went with the rest of the teachers and had my FAVORITE soup (kimchi jiggae) and am stoked that I found out that the restaurant is close to my apartment. WOO-HOO.

And then back at school, it was time for my first class back to teaching.

I got into class (grade 1) and WOAH - they were already all seated waiting for me. Ok, so far so good. So I jumped right into my "introduction to me" lesson and had the students tell me about themselves. At the end of class my new co-teacher (english name - Steven) told me "Your class is very fun." Well, now I feel ready for the new semester! I also made a point to have my students write down their names on a seating chart so I can call them BY NAME. Big improvement from last term. Plus, they are cuter than my grade 1's from last term, so I wanna remember them :)

Day 1, done. Now, I just have to get through 4 more days before my first weekend....and then 5 months of that before my next holiday....wish me luck.

Ghamsamnida,
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment