Twitter

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Thoughts of the past year...

It's been a year since I landed in Thailand - a whole year of Asia. While I sit in the office, with the sounds of Kerry and Mallory playing the Ukele, I think it's a good time to reflect on the past year.

- I can't believe I've been gone a year. It feels like a few weeks since I've been in America.

- I have DONE and EXPERIENCED a lot this past year:
    - taught in 2 different areas of Thailand
    - traveled all over that country
    - been to 3 Asian countries (taught in 2 of them)
    - traveled alone
    - got a new tattoo
    - made TONS of new friends
    - learned how to get myself around in 2 different languages (3 if you could different dialects)

    - packed up and moved my life halfway around the world
    - planned a future with my boyfriend
    - went through a breakup with that same boy
    - starting feeling more like myself than I have in a long time
    - kept in touch with people I didn't expect to
    - still kept my friendships strong with those who matter
    - became an outfit repeater!!!!!!
    - traveled with everything I own (over here) in 1 (or 2) bags that I carry myself
    - discovered AC isn't THAT important
    - taken plenty of cold showers, but still haven't become a fan of them
    - it's really easy to live with just the necesseties
    - Ranch Dressing is still a necessity

- I wonder what the next year will bring

I cannot believe the adventures that I've been giving the chance to have. Life is funny. You never know what's going to happen until you just jump into something completely new. It's also how normal my life feels, even though I am half a world away from everything I have known my whole life.  I love the support I get from everyone, and I love even more that I have learned to handle myself, adapt to new situations, and make a life for myself where ever my feet land.

So, the past year has been pretty good. Hope the next one is as good and that I don't start taking this experience for granted.

Minglabar!
Apes :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment