Twitter

Friday, September 16, 2011

Teaching is OOVVVEERRRRR

So today was my last official teaching day at Phibunmungsahan School. I still have 2 weeks left at the school, but next week is Finals week, and the week after is teacher work week and students don't come to school....so today was my last day with my students.

I told my advanced students today I was leaving (it was my last time with them) and they were super sad! It def made me feel good that they are going to miss me. One student even said "See you next year?" and when I said "No" the rest of the class understand that I am actually not coming back. So then they bombarded me with hugs and took a million pictures - it was so cute.

(my advanced class - before I told them I was leaving)

I have been telling my classes as I teach them this week that I won't be back (since I see all but my advanced class only once a week) and today my VERY LAST class gave me gifts! One girl gave me a mini mouse charm for my phone, and one little boy gave me a necklace (Timmy - take note!).

It is exciting to be done with actual teaching for a while, but I will DEF miss my students. They all asked for my phone number, email, and facebook - but I told them no to all. Let's see if they end up finding me on Facebook :)

Tonight we are celebrating with dinner at Riverside Bar (the only bar in town) and a beer - wooo hoooo!! No drinking heavy, because we have an exciting "Fit and Fun" weekend planned - lots of old field day games and some exercise mixed in for Timmy and I to compete against each other...should be interesting :)

Sawasdee Kha!
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment