Twitter

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Day

Teacher Appreciation Day…what a GREAT idea! On Wednesday afternoon, all classes were canceled. The students were getting together to make gifts for the teachers, and the teachers (minus the native English ones) were to head to a big meeting. A lovely afternoon free for us :)

Thursday morning after the morning ceremonies, my classes all gathered in the meeting space and performed an appreciation ceremony for me. Ok, maybe not JUST me – but for all the teachers of that grade. The teachers sat on stage, and the students brought in their gifts they had made the day before.

Each class had made a “flower arrangement” for their classroom teacher. Now when I say flower arrangement, I don’t mean a vase with flowers. I mean a sculpture of flowers and candles, and VERY detailed!!! I’ll try to upload some pictures soon into my photo album page. Anyways, each teacher for class 1 went to the front of the stage and sat in the first row. The students walked up on stage…ON THEIR KNEES…and bowed to the teacher in front of them, and handed over their flower sculpture. The teachers then thanked them, and both the teachers and students went back to their seats. Then they did the same for class 2, 3, 4, etc…until it was MY TURN! I went with my co-teacher (P.R.) and sat down for class 9 (which is the class I teach 4 times a week). I received an arrangement of luscious, bright flowers…then went back to my seat. After the ceremony (which cancelled out both of my morning classes!!) it was time to head back to the daily routine. THEN…during one of my classes, I received a rose from a group of students. That made my day even better! Ahh…teacher’s appreciation day. What a great day :)

Sawasdee Kha!
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment