Twitter

Monday, June 13, 2011

Just keep swimming...

Whelp…we FOUND IT!! IT = a place to swim!!!!

Saturday morning we got up, took the motorbike around town and got new helmets. Timmy got a flashy black and red helmet with space goggles, and I got a pink one with a white stripe, and a tinted visor. We were ready for the road!

After we stopped at the grocery store for snacks to take with…we headed out towards the Laos border to the water reservoir. It was about a 30-45 minute drive on the bike, but it was worth it!

We pull up to the reservoir and we see rows and rows of huts ON THE WATER! A woman greeted us, and took us to the huts. There she put down a mat for us, and we ordered lunch. We sat in our hut and relaxed over lunch. Then we jumped in! Well, hopped in…the water was up to our knees. We rented tubes for 30 baht, and floated around for an hour or so. Then we took them further out until we couldn’t touch the bottom. Then we raced back to our hut (I won of course). After wards, we took out towels to the “land” and sunbathed till we were ready to hop back in the water. Ahhh….sun on my skin, a dip in the water when I got hot…life is G.R.A.N.D! (Going Really Amazingly No Doubt). Then we headed back later in the evening.

Once back in the evening (after a stop to get gas, at which Timmy couldn’t figure out how to open the gas tank HAHAH) we decided to finally watch Hangover 2. We had to wait for it to download – and it took a while, so we have about 30 min left still to watch. However, it is a GREAT representation of Bangkok – HOT, Dirty, bags of drink, and Singha/Leo beer everywhere. And yes, it really does cost $6 USD to get stitched up.

Sunday morning we were invited to a fellow teachers house (PR). She is hilarious and very sweet to Tim and I. She has actually started calling me Apes on occasion!! We drove over to her place and she gave us a bunch of gifts!!! She gave us cookies, crackers, Rambuttin (a type of funny looking fruit), sweet bread, and even coffee for Tim. We stayed for a little over an hour and then we headed back. I downloaded and watched The Beach (with Leonardo Dicaprio) since I had just finished the book, then we tried out a new restaurant for dinner….

A new restaurant just opened up RIGHT beside our hotel. As in, we walk out of our hotel, and into the restaurant. I ordered soup (by name) and Tim asked for Pad Thai (they didn’t have)…and they brought us out both Fried Rice with Chicken. Ok, now let me tell you. Soup is called “Thom” and fried rice is called “Kao Pad Gai”. It sounds NOTHING alike. So why did I end up with fried rice? I’ve decided that when someone sees a farang in this town (that haven’t already met us) they assume that we want fried rice, and therefore no matter what we ask for – that’s what they bring us. So we will try the restaurant one more time…and if I end up with fried rice, we won’t be going back.

Whelp, that’s it of our awesome weekend….I’ll write again soon (and more often) now that I have internet in my room!!!

Sawasdee Kha,
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment