Twitter

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Life in Hanoi.

Yup - that's right. I've settled into a new place, with a new gig. But this time - I live in a BIG CITY! I live in Hanoi, Vietnam. Life is pretty different than a small town (as you'd expect).

Housing: instead of a single room flat, I live in a 3 bedroom apartment in a high rise building. I'm on the 16th floor, and I share the apartment with 3 other girls.
Katharina - German
Hannah - South African
Ricki Leigh - South African
I share my bathroom with Katharina, and Hannah and Ricki share the master bedroom (and have their own bathroom).

Work: instead of having to go to work form 9am - 4pm, I now only go to school when I am teaching. That's right, NO "office hours" for me!!! So here's my current schedule:
Monday: 1:15pm - 5:30pm, 6:15pm-8:15pm
Tuesday: 6:15-8:15pm
Wedneday: 1:15pm - 5:30pm, 6:15pm-8:15pm
Friday: 1:15pm-5:30pm
Wait, there's no Thursday listed, is there? That's right - it's because I HAVE THURSDAYS OFF WORK! And what's really nice about my school is that every 5 weeks it's a new semester. So in 5 weeks, I can ask for more OR less hours and get a whole new schedule of classes and students.

Shopping: instead of a market every few days - there's STORES and STORES and STORES!! The problem is, I just have to figure out where they all are!

So here I am, living in a sweet multinational apartment, which a sweet gig. I'm slowly making friends and I think I'll end up being here longer than September (which was my original plan).

Xin chào,
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment