Twitter

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Goodbye to Jinan

I'm sitting on a bus to Seoul, on my way out of Jinan for my last time. My bags are under the bus, my Ipod is in, and my Lonely Planey (Estern Europe) is in my bakpack, not yet dog-eared. Iam fullof  emotions...

I am sad to leave, which is a little surprising since I didn't enjoy Korea when I first was getting settled in my tiny town. But, now that a year has come and gone, I had come to consider my small town a home, and got used to the Korean style of living. Ive left other countries before, and other schools. However, this is the first time I have left a school (well, 4 schools!!) that I taught at for a year....and it is a lot more sad than leaving after a semester! The kids at y varios schools have all said their goodbye, some with hugs, some with gifts, some even with phone calls. All said it with "miss you Teacher!"

My town has had its ups and downs, but of course, what place doesn't? My trio has slowly dwindled...first Sam went back to Australia, and now Iam headed on to a new adventure myself. Now, it is just Jaclyn left. Luckily she will have my replacement and the other forigners in town to keep her sane.

But...I can only be sad for so long, because at the end of this bus trip Iwill be in Seoul. I will have a "last night out" with my friends from all over Korea, some from Jeonju, some from weekend tours, and some from my travels in the Philippines. How can I NOT be excited for that???

...and then once all my friends head back to their towns for another week of teaching, I will get ready for my next adventure. EUROPE!!!!! Iwill spend 70 days traveling through the various countries, sometimes couchsurfing, sometimes backpacking, but most of the time I will be visiting with friends I've made along my travels. Iwill get to explore Europe with local "guides" ineach place.

As Dr.Seuss said "Oh the places you'll go!"

Ghamsamnidah,
Apes

No comments:

Post a Comment