Twitter

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Goodbye Korean Students and Teachers

So this week marks the end of my contract in Korea, which also means it marks the completion of a FULL year in Korea.

There were times where I was fed up with students (who wouldn't have it happen at some point) but this week definitely showed me that my students actually WILL miss me.

Monday/Tuesday: Girl's Middle School (6 classes)
My grade 1 classes all wrote letters to me about how much they would miss me. Since their English isn't that great, it was really sweet of them. Most of the letters where about my pretty hair (which is now purple) and apologies for them talking in class.

My grade 3 classes BOTH surprised me with parties!
3.2 class (I had first). When I walked into the class, they pulled ribbon poppers, and had a cake with lit candles for me. They they had a spread of food for a party, and tons of messages on the board for me.
3.1 class had blown up balloons for my entrance and as I "walked the catwalk" into the class they sang "Over the Rainbow" to me and had a spread of food for another surprise party. Yeah, it was pretty awesome.

Wednesday: Elementary School
Since I teach grades 3-4 together, and grades 5-6 together, the teachers took a picture of me with the classes, and then they printed them off and gave them to me before I left. My Grade 5 students gave me a picture of their class, with a note from each of them written in the border.

Thursday: Elementary School
For grades 3-5 we had a movie/snack party, and the students gave me tons of snacks. My grade 4's (which have slowly made me like Thursdays a little bit) gave me goodbye notes and some gifts. One girl (the quietest in the class) spent the first 20 minutes of class writing a letter to me. She had made a draft in her notebook, and she copied it over VERY NEATLY to stationary to give to me before I left. My grade 6 students (which I'm NOT the fondest of) just watched movies in class, but the one GOOD student remembered that I liked coconut chips, and brought me a bag of them, with a goodbye letter.


No comments:

Post a Comment