Twitter

Thursday, December 29, 2011

CHRISTMAS SURPRISE!!

So Tim and My's original holiday plan was for him to spend Christmas down with my in the islands, and then I would go up to BKK for the New Year holiday.

Well, once Tim (FINALLY) started work, he wasn't given the time off for Christmas.

Since my school didn't have students that week, I arranged to leave Thursday night after school and take the overnight train to BKK. Tim had no idea I was planning this.

I got into Bangkok around 6am on Friday morning. I had to wait around for about an hour at the train station until I knew it was safe to head to Tim's apartment. Once there, the plan had been for him to leave his keys at his front desk for our friend Carter (she told him I wanted Carter to put a surprise in his room while he was at school). However, since Tim is well, Tim...he forgot to leave his keys. But luckily, this is Thailand. So I gave Tim's name and room number to the front desk, and they let me into his room. High Security!!

Once inside, I decorated Tim's apartment with Christmas Decor. I set up stockings, a tree (with presents), wreaths, wall decorations, and Santa hats. Then I showered and got prepared for the "big surprise".

The plan was for Tim to meet Carter for drinks after his work lunch, but instead of it being Carter, it would be ME! Well, at about noon I got a call from Carter:

Carter: "Are you still in Tim's apartment?"
Me: "Yeah, I am going to leave in a few"
Carter: "HE'S ON HIS WAY RIGHT NOW"
Me: "OH CRAP - OK, I'm leaving"

At which I ran up to the roof so I could see Tim enter/exit the building. I had decided that when he goes into the building, I would knock on his door and surprise him. Of course, that didn't happen. As he called me to say he loved his room, I saw him leave the building. So I had to run down 7 flights of stairs to catch him and surprise him. And yes, he was COMPLETELY surprised :) And lucky for me, I got to go to the lunch and meet his other teachers. Plus the lunch was a buffet at a very nice hotel. The food was AMAZING!! Salad bar, bar, dessert bar, hummus/cheese/bread bar, etc. I ate till I literally couldn't eat anymore.

Afterwards, we ran some errands around Bangkok and then settled at the pool for some drinks.

On Saturday we headed to the International Market to look for Egg Nog. Since there was none to be found, we settled on mixing rum with apple cider and adding cinnamon sticks. Tasty AND festive!!! Then we met up for dinner and drinks with some friends...and it turned into an all night party :)

When we woke up Sunday it was CHRISTMAS!!!! We played with the "snow" that Kat had sent us - and Tim got to open his presents. Then we spent some time at the pool before "Christmas Dinner".

We met up with the group from the night before at Lumpini Park, and had a pot luck picnic for Christmas Dinner. We had stuffed chicken, salad, soup, oranges, and even some Christmas Carols on the Ukulele!!

Then it was time to head home, pack, Skype with the families, and for me to head back to Surat Thani...but don't worry - I'll be back in BKK in a week for NYE!!!!

Merry Christmas!
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment