Twitter

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A whole New world!

No, I'm not in a new country - still here in Hanoi, Vietnam. BUT - a lot of new things have happened:

1) New apartment. That's right - I've moved YET again. But this is the last move for me while in Hanoi. I've moved from an amazing shared house with amazing housemates to a single bedroom apartment. I now live beside a burrito restaurant, wine store, and mini corner shop. I'm on the top floor (5) and have a gorgeous view of Hanoi and Westlake. I've fixed it up with rugs, curtains, paintings on the wall, etc. It actually feels like a home instead of a temporary living space. 

And the best part - my new cleaner! That's right, I got to hire my own instead of having the one that "comes with the house". My friend recommended his, and she is AMAZING! She comes once a week to clean and do my laundry. She also picks up my groceries (fruit/veg) from her local market, and even cooks dinner for me on the day she comes (Thursdays). So on Thursdays I come home to a clean house, clean clothes, a stocked fridge, and dinner on the table. Yes, I am loving it. 

My Kitchen
2) New job. Well, not really. I'm still at the same learning center (ACET), but have a new title. I am not longer a "Senior Teacher" but am now a "Coordinator". Essentially, I am not a department head. I am in charge of the teenager english program. I handle the curriculum, hold presentations for parents, set up the schedule, and etc. Yup, I'm a boss. And the pay raise wasn't too bad ;)

3) New Hobby. Yup, I'm into coloring. I'm sure you have (hopefully) heard of the "Secret Garden" series of coloring books. They are very intricately designed books, and a group of girls here in Hanoi have all hopped on the bandwagon. We have started meeting up with our books and just coloring by the lake. Since I can't draw, paint, or do anything artistic, this is perfect. 

BUT - I'm also back to running! Well, kind of. I signed up for a 5k run at the end of September. MY first run was last week and it was 15 minutes...have to start somewhere, right! I haven't been on a run since due to the rain (UGH!)....I decided to start up again after about a month of doing some Personal Training at a local gym - and my trainer wants to do some races as well. So I figured, why not?!

4) New Man. Yes, this is probably what you all REALLY want to know about. I am dating an Irishman named Mark. We've been seeing each other for a few months now, and we have become an official couple. We've been on a couple holidays together already (Hoi An/Danang and a bike trip to Mai Chau). And yes, he's younger. 

Hoi An - Vietnam
Mai Chau - Vietnam
So - lots of new things happening on my end. All good things, so that is great....it should make for a great new year here in Hanoi. 

Xin Chau,
Apes

1 comment: