Twitter

Saturday, November 29, 2014

International Thanksgiving

Whelp, it's almost Thanksgiving back in the states. This year, I am gone again.

But have no fear - INTERNATIONAL THANKSGIVING IS HERE!

Saturday before Thanksgiving my French housemates and I decided to host a Thanksgiving. They had never had one before, and I of course wanted my favorite dishes. Earlier in the week I had invited some friends, and Friday I even found a place to order a turkey - hot and fresh, ready to be picked up!

So Saturday AM I picked up the turkey, made my favorite holiday dishes, and set up our terrace for the guests coming over. We started eating around 7pm, and had almost all the holiday dishes that I had at home, and a mix of others:

Turkey
Mashed Potatoes (made by my housemate)
Stuffing (Made by the other American at dinner)
Breaded Cauliflower (Mislan recipe)
Layered Salad (Mislan recipe)
Cranberry Sauce
Vegetables (carrots/cucumbers brought by a guest)
Duck
Rice
Greek Salad
Wine (brought by the French, of course)
Crepes (for dessert)


The guests were from all over:
America
Canada
England
Australia
South Africa
France
Vietnam
Germany
Ukraine

Some of the guests hadn't even had turkey before, so they definitely enjoyed our holiday.


Happy Thanksgiving!
Apes

No comments:

Post a Comment