Twitter

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Neuschwanstein Castle....of dreams

Ever wonder where Walt Disney got his inspiration for the Disney Princes Castle? Well, from a castle outside of München, Germany. Since I had been to Disney Paris a few weeks ago, I decided to visit the inspiration of Mr. Disey himself.

So, Tuesday morning I got up and headed on the tour. I met my group around 930am, and we headed off....on a 2 hour train ride to the town that the castle is located in. Once at the town, we hiked up a VERYsteep mountain for about 30 minutes and then we were at the top! The castle was GORGEOUS. It was also unfinished....here's some info:

The castle was built by King Ludwig, who was declared insane, and died 6 months after moving into the castle. The mystery of his death is still unsolved, but he died when he was 40. I couldnt take pictures inside, but I got a few outside of the castle. Inside the castle I saw the servants chambers, the kings quarters (and his privte altar which had a crucifix made of ivory), and the singers hall. In the singers hall there is a HUGEmural of the royal forest. You can see that this is where Mr. Disney got his idea for Bambi...the forest looked EXACTLY like the one Bambi lives in....from the trees, to Bambi's dad, and even the birds. Throughout the whole castle was the same animal....SWANS. Yup, Mad Ludwig loved swans. There were swan vases, paintings, curtains, even swan DOORKNOBS! It was pretty ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment