Twitter

Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy 25th Birthday to me!


That's right...another year has come and gone. It was time to turn 25 (again). And I made sure it was memorable!

All week my students greeted me with "Happy Birthday" and "Congratulations". I was showered with notes from them, candy, and even a few gifts. Needless to say, I felt loved by those rugrats.

On the day of my actual birthday I went out for Korean BBQ with Sam and Jaclyn, and we enjoyed the DELICIOUS food. Aftewards, Jaclyn came back to my apartment for some birthday cake - Green Tea cake from Paris Baguette!!

Then the weekend came...Saturday we had planned on going to the zoo, but when I woke up it was SNOWING! Yes. Snow. In April. WTF?!?!?! It was mixed with gross rain, so the zoo was out of the picture. Instead, we decided to take in a movie. After the movie, Jaclyn, Sam, and I met Vicky and Tom (from 청주) and we went to a bakery where we decorated CUPCAKES!!! WOOO HOOO! We got multiple cupcakes and covered them with flavored icing. Then we topped them off with fruit, cookies, sprinkles, and candles. Yup, I was a happy birthday girl.  
Apes and Birthday Cupcakes!
A variety of cupcakes we decorated!
Then it was time for dinner and drinks and dancing! 

Dinner: Cheese Galbi!!!
 

Drinks: Flavored Makgeolli House
Flavored Makgeolli: Kiwi, Pomegranate, and Peach
 This place had 12 flavors of Makgeolli. Kiwi, Pineapple, Peach, Grape, Pomegrante, etc. AND it had Lemon Flavored Soju!!! As sides, they had 번데기 (Silkworms) so I FINALLY decided to try them out. I popped one in my mouth, and it burst open and was G.R.O.S.S. But, now I've tasted it. YECK! During the Makgeolli, our group was joined by another Jeonju-er, Julie, and some of her friends. Now that we had a decent sized group...time for dancing!
번데기
Here I go!!!
CRUNCH! Not very tasty...
Dancing: Where else do you go in Jeonju besides the one and only Whoops. So Whoops is where we went! Since it was my birthday, the bar gave me a free bottle of tequila...and that did NOT last long! We did shots, and drinks until our dancing shoes were warmed up, and then hit the dance floor. We were joined by my friend, Adam, and his birthday group as well. So the birthday parties took over the place! Once people started drifting home, a few of us decided to hit up the late night dance spot...Music Bank. And we stayed on their dance floor till 5am. Whew, when we finally got back to the guesthouse the sun had already started to come up. I was EXHAUSTED! 

Needless to say, once I finally made it home on Sunday I was asleep on the couch within minutes :)

Another birthday down....I wonder which country I'll celebrate my next birthday in. 


Ghamsamnidah,
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment