Twitter

Monday, October 3, 2011

Goodbye, So Long...

Whelp...we left good ol' PhibunMungsahan. Man we had a sweet set-up there. Well, minus the 13 hour commute to Bangkok, or the 1.5 hour bus ride to get a burger. But it WAS an awesome little town. I will definitely miss our AMAZING teachers, and my favorite around-town restaurants and market women. I will NOT miss the hair salon.

But while I am busy missing the Isan area - I am living it up on the beaches of PHUKET!!!

After 2 days of overnight busses (a day stop in Bangkok to meet our FAB host Carter), we FINALLY made it to All Seasons Nai Harn at about 9am Sunday morning. We dropped our bags and grabbed some breakfast buffet! We ended up talking to a group of people by us - they were all getting ready to start the course on Monday, so we answered tons of questions, and told them we would be there to observe them in two weeks.

Then we spent the day getting re-acquainted with the town (thank you motorbike!!) and got our observation instructions for the week.

Then we hit the hay early because we were pooped from travelling and were excited to sleep in a bed (and not a bus) again!

.....and so observations have started. Everyone was nervous on their first day, but our groups did great. They only had 8 (yes, PAED) students to 'teach'. And man, were those little 7 year olds adorable!! Each day we will get a year older in students, so let's see how the wanna-be-teachers do!

For dinner Tim and I ended up at an Isan restaurant - and we were able to speak isan to the owner, and she loved it! It made me quite happy that I could use my sweet Isan skills :)

Ok, off to relax before bed - then another day of observing :)

Sawasdee Kha!
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment