Twitter

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Temple

So another week started….on Monday and Tuesday we say the last of our students that we hadn’t yet taught. I am starting to get the hang of this whole teaching thing. Teach for an hour, play online for 2 hours, teach for another hour, snack, teach again, relax some more, teach again, then done for the day. Yeah…pretty awesome schedule!

For those of you who are interested, I figured you might like to know some of my student’s names…

Cartoon
FlukFleet
TubTim
Nut
Toy
Game
Team
Army
Cherry
Wit
O-p
Boss
Tiger

And so on…yup, it’s pretty entertaining.

Tim learned how to say “sweet and sour stirfry” and I was STOKED to finally get my sweet and sour veggies for dinner!!!!

On Wednesday I found out that my students were going to the Temple on Thursday and Friday, so I wouldn’t have any classes to teach. SCORE! Then I found out I was supposed to be going with them. Oh.

Luckily - our agency was coming to the school on Thursday, and Tim and I had to go to the hospital to get our medical paperwork for our Work Permit, so I got out of going to the Temple today, but I still have to go tomorrow. Oh well.

While we were at the hospital today we heard someone shout out “Tim, April!” We were surprised as the only people we knew were in school…it turned out to be Annie. She is a Thai woman, our age, who lived in our town until she was 11 then moved to the states. She is back for 3 weeks working in the hospital, we met her at the market and she came up to us because I teach her cousin. She invited us over for dinner tomorrow and is taking us to a place about 45 min away where we can ride jet skis and play in the water! Needless to say, we are VERY excited!!!!

Welp, that’s about it for this week….Oh, yesterday before school ended a bunch of students came in to take pictures with Tim and I - super cute!

Sawasdee Kha,
Apes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment